Last Updated: 12/18/2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide To Us
When you apply to receive a SafetyPIN, we collect information from you, including your name, postal address, email address, and Social Security Number (SSN), as well as your responses to profile questions and payment information. We also collect any other information that you voluntarily provide to us.
Information We Obtain From Others
When you apply to receive a SafetyPIN, we obtain information from third parties and combine that information with the information you provide. For example, to conduct background screenings, we collect information about your criminal history as well as your credit report. We may also contact other individuals in order to collect information about their experiences and interactions with you. We collect this information when you apply for a SafetyPIN and periodically after you are approved.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see Your Choices below.
Use of Information
We use information the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services, such as to determine your eligibility for a SafetyPIN and periodically confirm your continued eligibility and to enable you to share your SafetyPIN with persons you approve. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about your account and the use of the Services, respond to your questions and requests, and provide technical updates, security alerts, and other information and support;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and promotions offered by SafetyPIN and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of SafetyPIN and others; and
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
Sharing of Information
- We share information with third-party providers of background check and identity verification services to determine your eligibility for a SafetyPIN.
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of SafetyPIN or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among SafetyPIN and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
SafetyPIN takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
SafetyPIN is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
You may update or correct information about you at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you may be asked to consent to the applicationâ€™s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SafetyPIN by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your SafetyPIN status or our ongoing business relations.
© 2019 SafetyPIN Technologies